Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It has been a long time since I have posted anything on my blog. I started it back in February 2007, just 3 years ago. I made a decision that has changed my life for so much good. I moved to the Czech Republic then. After 8 months of being away, I am back in my hometown, Brno! Being away made me realize how much I have here and that I know I will never leave.

I moved back thanks to the generosity and understanding of my parents and my good friends here in Brno who also call this good place home.
I moved back without having situated a job and so, I am a little anxious to get going. I hope to teach English and I want to learn Czech as well as I can. I am staying with a good friend of mine (I really have to say that he is like a brother to me) Bogdan. He and Ana are very kind to let me stay with them for a while.
Its a beautiful morning here and I feel great. Today and tonight I will see my old friends, Czechs and others, but, tomorrow is a busy day for me. I am going to visit in person all the language schools here, and, post an ad at the British Counsel to teach English and IT English.
I go back in my mind to February of 2007 and my first weeks here and marvel at how much for the good my life changed. I really never thought it would - life was a bit miserable for me for many years. I know that I can make a good life here and I wish I could explain to family and friends that it is not true that you can be happy anywhere. My expat friends here understand this though, after all, that is why they are here as well.
Its time to get out there on the wonderful cobblestone streets of my hometown, and, it will be with a big smile on my face and a sense of peace that I've never had anywhere else on this planet. Ciao for now, and I hope I can keep this blog up to date. I will also post pictures at http://picasaweb.google.com/tulcak. Nothing new there yet.

No comments: